Menu

Today I feel like a failure!

Gamom3

:rant:Today has been one of those days! I know my kids are smart, but they act like they know absolutely nothing!

Ds 6th grade has to put words in alphabetical order, he knows how to do them, but says he doesn't. I show him again, he still says he doesn't get it. This is 2nd grade work...come on!:confused:

Dd has been doing nouns/pronouns/adverbs/adjective and so on for 2 yrs. Now she is getting confused on pronouns and prepositions!:banghead:!!

I feel like I have wasted 7yrs of their lives and mine!

I am planning on an extra hour of flashcards with them...here's the thing we have been doing school work since 8am, stopped at 12 for lunch and to head to bowling league, got back at 4 and they are still doing today's work which should not have taken them but 45mins in each subject at the most!

:cursing:

What flashcards would you get to cover from now on until the beginning of next year...and will probably continue after that???

6:05 here and science is still going on in the school room. I truly do sympathize with you. Ds 9 forgot how to subtract today. Hang in there. I bet they will be geniuses tomorrow. For us it seems like just when I think it can't get any worse and they are going back to ps (I wouldn't really do this but it does sound good every once in a while) they pull it all together the next day.

...way too many times to count!

Fortunately every day is a new day.

May grace and peace be yours tomorrow morning!

...and try not to throttle anyone before bedtime.

Or spend too much time making flash cards tonight....

Speaking from experience, I can say that it doesn't usually help. Sometimes kids just act like dolts! ;) I suspect that it's God's way of keeping us Moms humble. BTDT A LOT!!!!

Sending hugs!

Janice

...and I'll drop my usual sign-off

-don't want to rub salt into fresh wounds by talking about enjoying anything.....:)

My son just made a C on his test in history(SOTW)...he knows the stuff when we do review questions but forgets come test time! Then he takes his math test and "forget" how to do 1 entire section worth 9 points.

So, I feel like sometimes we are not learning and then there are the days when sun is brighter and I am amazed how much my boys know that I didn't know at even an older age and higher grade level(they are in 5th and 6th grade). I think as a homeschool mom, I tend to expect them to do well and forget that it is school and they are learning...hang tight and ask for patience. I do daily.

I like how you began your statement with the word "today". Today, we feel this way. Hopefully, tomorrow we will feel better!

Today, I assigned my son two lines of copywork. Two. He could not do it. Could not. He just sat there with tears. He turned pale and laid his head on the table and truly looked grieved. I was so frustrated, I had to send a "getting it all out" email to my husband at work. He called my son and said, "Write me five sentences about a chicken." :lol::lol:

And, the thing is, my son said OK! He didn't cry. He didn't look like he had the flu. None of that. He wrote five sentences about a chicken.

It's just unbelievable. Days like this literally takes years off my life. I'm sure of it.

It is part of some cycle here. Everything seems fine and *poof*, one day no one knows how to divide or what a predicate adjective is.

If anyone finds a cure to this temporary memory loss, please pm me!

Hope tomorrow is a better day! Hang in there.

Yesterday was my "failure" day so the good news is that there IS hope for tomorrow!!

Just when I think I feel like all their brain cells have gone on permanent vacation, things change again!!

Thank goodness...here's to a better tomorrow! :cheers2:

I SO needed to read these posts and have hope for tomorrow. It's been a really hard past two weeks. My husband reminded me tonight that we are only here on Earth for a short time when you consider eternity and not to sweat it. That helped me put things in perspective. Hopefully it will help you.

Blessings,

April in WA

I have the same problem with my oldest dd. She is a very poised, wise and intelligent kid! So why is it then, when we take more than a week off of school, does she brain dump every. single. math concept she has learned since the 2nd grade? I don't know either :confused1: