Menu

Breadies - tell me the coolest thing about my new Nutrimill :)

YUMMY! Prairie gold is my absolute favorite! And I get the prettiest loaves. I grind my own too, and I actually sell to a lot of church members. So I'm usually making about 50 loaves a week (1 lb. size). It's so gratifying making bread for my own family.

Now the only problem is that a few months ago I discovered that I was gluten-intolerant. So I can't eat any of my own bread!!! That is so hard when it is smelling up my whole house!

Well, it DID come today! (by way of the NEIGHBORS' PORCH! Yikes! Glad we have honest neighbors. UPS delivered to the wrong home...we were home all day.) I have already got a poolish and soaker going for Peter Reinhart's 100% whole wheat. Mmmm. I did the soaker with coarse-ground Bronze Chief and the poolish and pre-ground the flour for tomorrow I finely-ground Prairie Gold. WOO HOO!!!!!!

YUMMY! Prairie gold is my absolute favorite! And I get the prettiest loaves. I grind my own too, and I actually sell to a lot of church members. So I'm usually making about 50 loaves a week (1 lb. size). It's so gratifying making bread for my own family.

That's a LOT of baking! I assume you have an industrial sized stand mixer...or want one!!!

Now the only problem is that a few months ago I discovered that I was gluten-intolerant. So I can't eat any of my own bread!!! That is so hard when it is smelling up my whole house!

:grouphug: I can't imagine...however, I think what I have thought was a wool allergy (I crochet a ton) might be an irritation to flour or anything tiny and fibrous. Whenever I hand-knead, my hands start stinging. Not enough to stop me though! :tongue_smilie:

That's a LOT of baking! I assume you have an industrial sized stand mixer...or want one!!!

I have a Bosch mixer, so I can do 8 one lb loaves at a time. I just wish I had more oven space! I usually bake two days a week, 3 batches each time. It takes me about 4 hours both days.

Have fun!