Menu

Heart of Dakota users Check-in!

Tree House Academy

We finished Little Hearts with my then six year old right before Thanksgiving- and now we are in Week 3 of Beyond. It is going great. He loves it. He is in SM 1A and I am using FLL 1/2 with him, too.

We are two weeks away from completing Bigger with my 9 and 8 year old sons. We are all looking forward to Preparing.

My five and 3 year old are on week 15 of Little Hands and still doing great!

I do K work with my daughter and also literature with both of them, too.

My oldest is in Saxon 5/4 this year along with SM 3A. I am impressed with how well he is doing with Saxon. It is going really well.

So- there is a mini update!

Rebecca

We are on unit 19 of Bigger Hearts. This was an experiment year for me, just doing History, Poetry, Music, and Storytime to see if I wanted to embark on the full program for our history cycle.

Overall, I'm very pleased. The book choices have been great, the pace and skills taught very balanced. DS is enjoying it and learning a lot.

The program was a little more teacher-involved and activity-ish than I expected. I am not an activity person so I just learned to skip the activities that didn't appeal to me and we have found our groove! The notebooking and timeline have been easy, fun, and helpful.

We are doing Bigger and just stated unit 7. My two seem to be enjoying it and I love it. We missed so much last fall with stuff happening at our house that I have sped up the pace to doing 1 1/2 to 2 units in a week and the kids seem to like it even better. I would like to have it pretty much completed by the end of May as we do a pretty light schedule during June and first 1/2 of July. We have really been enjoying the books in all areas although we don't do all the paper work. We are only doing Science and History as we do other things for LA and Math.

I am getting close to having Preparing purchased and we are looking forward to that next school year.