Menu

Group activities for 12/13 year olds?

My 12 year old daughter (13 in November) is a new homeschooler.

I have a ton of activities planned for her 10 year old brother but there seems to be nothing for her age group.

I am trying to come up with activities that we can plan/organize and hopefully hook her up with some other kids.

She met several children but they were mainly 14/15 and had much more intellectual pursuits than my daughter at this time.

I have a tiny house so I am hoping for things we can do outside my house (meet at the library, etc).

Anyone have any ideas? I'm feeling rather clueless.

Dollar movie theatre

Roller skating

Park days

Museum

Zoo

Starbucks

Lunch at fast food

Read-in at the library

If you have another adult helper:

camera scavenger hunt

Geo catching, (our park and rec dept. has the GPS and maps)

Even if your house is small a read-in is so fun. Invite friends over for hot cocoa and tell them to bring their favorite book and a pillow.

Have fun!

I invited a friend's middle school kids to do lab with us if they did the same science. We're using Rainbow Science, Year 1. They do the lessons at home and come here one day a week for the lab. Their mom will do the online quizzes as well. I figured I'm setting it up and teaching it anyway, so it's no extra work.

We're in a homeschool group that has activities planned. One is a monthly club "Novel Experience". They are choosing books that have been made into movies. The kids (7th -12th) read the book at home on their own. They get together, discuss the book, then watch the movie. They will also have a once a month social meeting called a "Snack-N-Yak". Different moms are hosting it and kids bring drinks and food. They are going to do different activities, board games, scavenger hunts, etc.

The novel club might could meet at a library that has a public meeting room with a TV, or a local church. The social get-together could meet at parks, restaurants, even churches or your recreation department that might let you use a gym for some fun games.