Menu

A question for Winston Grammar users...

Ibbygirl

Do you do more than one program a year?? I am new to this program and am using the basic edition with my dd. I see that it only has 30 lessons though. We have been doing one lesson a day so we will run through this course pretty quickly. I was thinking about getting the next level and just continuing on, but I was curious as to what other folks were doing with it.

Thank you to all who reply. :) and Happy Friday! :)

He parses two sentences per day. I bought the Supplemental Workbook for if he stalls out or I want to have additional daily practice before moving on to Word Works, then eventually Winston Advanced.

Are you planning on implementing the Word Works and advanced program this year? Thanks. :)

Do you do more than one program a year?? I am new to this program and am using the basic edition with my dd. I see that it only has 30 lessons though. We have been doing one lesson a day so we will run through this course pretty quickly. I was thinking about getting the next level and just continuing on, but I was curious as to what other folks were doing with it.

Thank you to all who reply. :) and Happy Friday! :)

I am using Winston Grammar Basic along with First Language Lessons and Writing With Ease from SWB and Ancient History-Based Writing. We only do the Winston two times per week. I see it as a great supplement and another teaching approach to make sure my son is absorbing the information. Parts of sentences is getting covered in some form in all of the LA he is doing. I felt that he needed a strong LA program this year as I don't feel he was taught grammar at all in ps. I figure we will be done with Winston in early Spring.

one level per year. Ds completed the basic course in about half a school year, but we spent the rest of the year concentrating on writing skills (hence, using his grammar skills in composition).

I think it would be better to spread these out a bit as the review each year would keep the grammar rules fresh.

Thanks for all of the replies. :) I did read the introduction of the book where it said to do only 2 sentences at a time, but I know my dd and that would drive her batty. She's a super quick learner and "gets it" right away so I let her do the full lesson and that is all she needs to learn it and for it to be cemented. I guess I should just space it out during the week and only doing it on a certain day or days, but having her just do two sentences a day of articles and nouns and spread that out over a month would make her postal. ;) :D hehe

Yes, the Basic has 30 worksheets and 3 sentences per day are completed on a worksheet. Supplemental workbooks are available for more practice if need be.

We are following the Basic with Winston's Word Works which is also a year long course and set up like the Basic program. You can read more about all of them here. The site's owner is extremely helpful in answering questions about the program if you call her. She's not the author but very knowledgeable of the program, of course.

Advance Winston follows Word Works and it can actually be completed in 2 years because of its content. It can also count as a one year High School English credit.

Glad you found the answer to your question. Hope this helps also.:)

Yes, the Basic has 30 worksheets and 3 sentences per day are completed on a worksheet. Supplemental workbooks are available for more practice if need be.

We are following the Basic with Winston's Word Works which is also a year long course and set up like the Basic program. You can read more about all of them here. The site's owner is extremely helpful in answering questions about the program if you call her. She's not the author but very knowledgeable of the program, of course.

Advance Winston follows Word Works and it can actually be completed in 2 years because of its content. It can also count as a one year High School English credit.

Glad you found the answer to your question. Hope this helps also.:)

Thank you so much!! That is so helpful. :)

Blessings,

Jen