Menu

Disney Dining Plan Reservations

I just booked all my dining reservations. Can some of you more experienced Disney goers check this out for me. I am worried about all the little things I have heard like "some places are 2 credits" and stuff like that. Also do we tip them? We are a family of 4.

Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom)

Captain's Grille (Disney's Yacht Club)

Wolfgang Pucks Cafe (Downtown Disney)

Tony's Town Square (Magic Kingdom)

Playhouse Disney's Play and Dine (Hollywood Studios)

Tusker's House (Animal Kingdom)

Rose & Crown Pub (Epcot)

Anything I should know about COSTS. We really want to make sure we are not forced to pay extra since we have the free dining plan. I booked these on-line and no credit card was required to hold reservation and no additional charges were added to my package.

Thanks for the quick once-over. My choices were limited because I booked these last minute so please don't try to tempt me with other placed to eat. It was hard enough booking these especially with a picky eater. I wanted Italian and Mexican at Epcot but my son will just not like it.

Also I booked 6 of these on line as 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 12). One reservation I booked on the phone and she put it in as 3 adults and 1 kid. AAAKKK!!! Does this make a difference?

Thanks!!!

Edited by Momof2kids

Disney is so fun!

All of your choices are one credit meals, so you're fine there. The online reservations system is strange. Children over 10 use adult meal credits, so your 12 year old is an adult in that sense, but the online form asks for the age of all guests under 18. It's weird. I don't know about gratuity - I'd call and ask if I were you.

As for costs, the meals you reserved are at table service places. Table service lunch/dinner for adults include an entree, non-alcoholic beverage, and a dessert (or a full buffet + non-alcoholic beverage). For kids under 10 it also includes an appetizer. Breakfast includes an entree, juice, and non-alcoholic beverage (or buffet + non-alcoholic beverage). The dining plan you got probably also includes a quick service meal and a snack every day. Quick service meals are basically the same, but at places that are more like fast food joints. Ask a cast member to help you sort it out when you first get there, if you're confused. Snacks are available at a lot of places and include things like bottles of water, a piece of fruit, a bag of chips, a fountain drink, etc.

You can keep your costs down by having some food in your room for snacks, breakfast, etc. We rent a car and go to the grocery store, which I think is totally worth it. And refill bottles of water.

Have fun!

My understanding is that tips are no longer included in the dining plan. So, yes, you need to tip. Other than that, there shouldn't be any extra costs unless you order appetizers or alcoholic drinks. The servers are usually very good about explaining exactly what's included in the plan, IME. Have fun; I love free dining!

gratuity is not included on the dining plan, so you do have to tip. Other than that there should not be much extra cost on the dining plan unless you want to order extra appetizers (not included except for the kids). We used the dining plan last year and it was plenty of fodd, we sometime split the counter service meals rather than ordering one for each.