Menu

Would you list each dc, their favorite toys, hobbies, magazines, games, books,

Oooh, I like this! I'm always looking for new ideas for gifts.

DD, 5 years old - just getting into video games, wants DS games, maybe a Leapster game, likes arts and crafts type of things, likes DVD's. This is the child who cannot entertain herself AT ALL....so when her sister is playing with her, or someone else, then she loves things like Playmobil, Little Pony, Pet Shop, etc. But only if others are playing with her. And she loves board games as well....Trouble, Mancala, Candy Land, Uno, etc.

DD, 2 years old - This kid is a Little People freak! She plays with them non stop every single day. She's just discovering Playmobil as well and likes those. She'll also occasionally play with toy animals, Little Ponies, etc, but she by far prefers Little People, and now Playmobil as well. She also loves to look at books. She likes Diego DVD's.

They both love those Melissa and Doug cube puzzles. We have two of those that get played with often. Both kids love stuffed animals as well, especially Webkinz.

We don't do video games, yet. Putting it off as long as possible, but with them going to school, it probably won't be long until we give in and buy a Wii. I personally would like to try the Wii fit stuff.

My boys, 5 and 6, like any kind of small action figure, especially Star Wars, Ben 10, Power Rangers, etc. They also like the little Bakugan balls. They like Seek and Find books, maze books, stuff like that.

18yo dd -- into anything computer-related. Loves gaming software and downloading songs onto her Zune. Money is the best gift for teenage girls! That and giftcards! She loves to shop and she loves the mall.

15yo ds -- into video games, computer games, Chess, and any type of strategy game. He loves to draw a great deal, so art sets are always a big hit with him.

almost 10yo ds -- into video games, especially the Rock Band / Guitar Hero ones, loves Pokemon and card collecting. Loves action figures and army men. Loves building kits, like Legos and Bionicles.

7yo dd -- (she has autism, so her interests are more around a 5yo level) She loves dollhouses, stuffed animals, and baby dolls. Loves board games. Loves to play with her Leapster.

ds 16: He has autism, so he enjoys toys that have some sort of sensory appeal. He loves slinkys, things with lights/sounds, those squeezy balls, etc. He also loves physical activity, so he usually gets some kind of new scooter or ride-on. We're thinking of a new trampoline this year...

dd13: LOVES clothes, music, movies, etc. Basically, the typical teenager stuff. She usually has some sort of video game she wants. This year, she has already asked about Rock Band, the Beatles addition (which I will love just as much, LOL). She also enjoys reading and being outdoors.

ds9: Really enjoys certain books; he's into mysteries right now, so we'll add a few of those into his collection. Has recently gotten into nintendo ds, and has requested two games. He also likes movies, outdoor types of play equipment, and certain movie-related toys (he's been collecting Kung Fu Panda figures).

dd5: LOVES baby-dolls, her dollhouse, dress-up, etc...you get the picture! She does enjoy books, arts and crafts, and girlie movies. She's too easy to buy for! Basically, if it's pink or purple...throw it in the buggy...double points if it also has sequins! LOL.

:lurk5: Really curious about the other answers! I LOVE Christmas shopping!

ds11: video games, yu-gi-oh cards, graphic novels. Pretty much obsessed with Star Wars, transformers(that's a new one) and lego anything. He is currently into 80s rock music and using his brand new tool box.

dd10: horses, reading, drawing, violin, piano and now cheer all top the list of favorties. Apparently loves the Jonas brothers and listens to their music when out with friends, otherwise likes some of the top 40 type hits, but still prefers country.

ds6: announced 1 week before his bday he would now be too old for Deigo and switched to cars. He loves not only Disney cars but all cars, loves working with tools and fixing/taking things apart. Is begging to learn the drums, which seems normal for him and his level of noise typically. Likes "church" music aka christian rock.

dd2(well almost): Dora, dora, dora! Plays with her dolls and accessories all day long. Loves sensory play: playdough, sand box, water toys, etc. Cries for a turn on the nintendo DS at least 3 times a day and can actually use it properly. Likes puzzles, pound-a-ball/nail type toys, and anything she can throw.

My 2 oldest kids are getting digital cameras for Christmas this year. both are signed up for photography classes that start after christmas so it makes sense. Ds6 is getting his own DS to use with his wonder pets game. I have not decided on dd2's big gift yet.