Menu

Any good hymn cd recommendations?

I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and realized how beautiful their hymns were. I found myself singing the words as I shopped. I grew up with the hymns but our church only sings one per Sunday now and my kids don't know them. Now to put it gently...I am not wanting something that sounds like the "Smith Family singers"...if I can explain this right. I am looking for a beautiful hymn cd that sounds very praise oriented but "up to date"...in a professional way. Probably am not saying that right but if anything comes to mind I'd love to hear it! Thank you!

Indelible Grace is ALL ABOUT THIS! Plus, the music is of the highest quality. From their website:

Our hope is to help the church recover the tradition of putting old hymns to new music for each generation, and to enrich our worship with a huge view of God and His indelible grace. This site is designed to nurture this movement by offering resources and a place to interact with others about hymns and worship.

Sovereign Grace music has a wonderful collection of music. Most are albums are "praise" type songs - but theologically deep and correct, but there are a few hymn albums, too.