Menu

2nd Day-changing my core to SOTW-advice?

happyWImom

Well, it was our 2nd day, and it went great!:party:

I was planning on mainly using HOD, and adding some other things in. This week, I have been using the CLE & R&S stuff, with odds and ends, to get a feel for everything. Anyway, I am really pleased with the way it's flowed, and instead of just trying to squeeze SOTW 1 in, I am thinking of having it be my main thing. Here is my plan:

SOTW 1, with activity book, CHOW and supplementing with my SL 1 Core books. I figured since I've got all of these things, I should use them. The reason I decided to change, is that the dc are doing really well with the R&S and CLE for the reading/phonics/science (and math for ds) but that's so workbooky, I wanted to add some reading in that they would love, plus the projects that go along with SOTW will be a hit. I've got the pages from Paula's Page, so it's organized. I do want to somehow add the American History in, but maybe toward the end of the year, or even summer. HOD is pretty quick moving, so maybe I just do the left side of the page (hist & science,bible) in the summer.

I'm kind of using this post to free associate; sorry it's so long.

Anyone have any other exciting books, movies, projects that go along with SOTW 1?

Thanks!:001_smile:

Guest bookwormmama

Sounds like a great idea. This is what I am doing with our kids for Core 2/ SOTW 2 also! I am using SOTW as our spine and having dd9 read the CHOW as her reading book to the younger kids and we'll do the activity book from SOTW and map work and I'll supplement with some read alouds from Core 2! :}

Maybe we'll come up for air eventually! :D

We did Sonlight Core 1 along with SOTW 1 last year. I put together plans that incorporated the AG and some of the additional history books. You can download them for free from my blog(link below), just click the free stuff tab. Hope that helps you!