Menu

NEW, Improved Reason to Learn Fractions!

Just for laughs... From this website:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6683&cmSource=CrossSell&relatedProductId=6193

"Introducing the thickest, comfiest foam play mat around! Big news: Unlike standard
half-inch
thick mats, we made ours
five-eights of an inch
thick for greater protection and durability."

Do the math, it's hilarious.

Just for laughs... From this website:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6683&cmSource=CrossSell&relatedProductId=6193

"Introducing the thickest, comfiest foam play mat around! Big news: Unlike standard
half-inch
thick mats, we made ours
five-eights of an inch
thick for greater protection and durability."

Do the math, it's hilarious.

Okay, I'm dense. What's the problem?

It reminds me of sometimes at the grocery store, they'll have an item tagged as "UNBELIEVABLE SAVINGS!" and it's marked down from $1.09 to 10/$10.

Unbelievable. Right.

Yes, exactly. It's like commercials that say, "Our competitors charge $100, but we'll sell it to you for ONLY $99.99!"

Yes, exactly. It's like commercials that say, "Our competitors charge $100, but we'll sell it to you for ONLY $99.99!"

Well, you do realize that that is the reason why most prices are now ending in .99 (or .88 if it's walmart lol)....because somehow psychologically $99.99 SOUNDS better/cheaper to us than $100. Yeah, ok, it's a penny savings, like you'll even notice that after they glob on their 7, 8, 9% tax, lol. Gas prices are the same way.....if the pump says $2.47 9/10 how many of us actually think "that's basically $2.48? Nope, most of us consider it $2.47, because that sounds better. Sheesh, right now $2.48 would sound better since gas is creeping up over $2.60 now.

As for the 1/8" extra thickness in padding.....well, hey, us Princesses need that extra so we don't feel the pea.

I found it especially funny since it's a play mat.....tell me how many kids would even notice they were on a 1/2" thick mat versus sitting on the hardwood floor? So that extra 1/8" isn't gonna matter either. Not mine....they actually prefer sleeping on the hard floor in the living room because it's a "camp out" than sleeping in their several inch thick mattress! Of course, when I was young I felt the same way....but I'm old now and want my mattress, lol.

An 1/8th of an inch is "Big News?" Anyway, it struck us as funny here...

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it "big news" but in all fairness, it is 25% more than the original. When you're talking small numbers, 1/8 inch can be important. We were recently carpet shopping, and there seems to be a big difference between even 7/16, 1/2 and 5/8 inch cushions.

Edited by Perry