Menu

Galore Park Latin Prep Advice

Mom2GirlsTX

I want to go ahead and buy Latin Prep for my 11 year old. What exactly do I need to purchase for this year? I want to start at the beginning, even though we have done LFC A. When I go to the two websites that I can order it from, I become overwhelmed. Laura or anyone else who knows this, please tell me what to purchase as I always purchase way to much of a new product without advice from an expert. Thanks!

You'll need the text and textbook answer key. The workbooks are optional, as is the audio. We do use the audio (only the longer stories are included), and find the cadence a bit more exaggerated than in the Cambridge and Lingua Latina audio; it's easier to emulate.

Why are the workbooks optional? And when I go to the book depository website they have to different LP books. Older and Newer? Is there a difference?

Do the students write in the textbook?(which is softcover).

I also the the pronunciation CD is due to be released. Is this the same thing you hear on the audio now?

(sorry to hijack the thread)

:001_smile:

Why are the workbooks optional? And when I go to the book depository website they have to different LP books. Older and Newer? Is there a difference?
The textbook contains a sufficient number of questions to develop mastery. The workbooks are more for revision and consolidation... they are structured more like tests.

Do the students write in the textbook?(which is softcover).
No. But the workbooks are consumable.

I also the the pronunciation CD is due to be released. Is this the same thing you hear on the audio now?
They are the same. The content of the downloadable audio is the same that on the upcoming CD. It's cheaper to download it and burn your own CD.

nmoira...Thank you for taking the time to write all that out. It is very much appreciated!

Dancer those were great questions, I 'm glad you asked them because I was wondering the same thing!:001_smile:

Nmoira

Thank you fo those answers!!!

And Mom2Girls, thank YOU for asking this, It was what I was wondering myself, so I am glad you asked this. And we have the same age kids.:D

If you do order this, and start it, check in with me and we can compare how it is going if you want? We are starting school 09/14.

You can PM here as well. :lol: