Menu

SWR & Wise Guide Teacher Binders

Aloha2U

After unofficially completing a year of SWR & Cursive First with my ds, I've finally organized my SWR and WISE Guide teacher binders. Yahoo! I'm so excited that I just had to share the good news! I went through last year with my books 3-hole punched in the same 3-ring binder until I realized that they would work better for me in their own binders w/sheet protectors. I wish I would have got the bindings cut last year instead of three hole punched, but I guess you live and learn. :tongue_smilie:

Anyways, I posted more specifics about my binders on our blog if anyone is interested... hopefully it will be helpful to someone.

I have my SWR set up a bit differently. I have 1 teacher binder and 1 student binder. I love how you put the books into a binder with sheet protectors, but I'm not sure I could commit to that project :001_huh: My books are all tabbed and that has helped A LOT. I've been thinking about getting at least my WISE guide spiral bound. Liz (the SWR trainer) had mentioned that the spiral bound books were more fragile than the new bindings, so that scared me a bit. Any thoughts?

The hs schedules and such that you have posted on your blog could have been from my computer! So funny. I"m going to show them to my dh to show him that I'm not crazy (or at least not the only crazy one).

I like your blog:D

Wanna come and do an SWR binder for me???:tongue_smilie:

....and where did you get the containers for the ceramic letter tiles?

Thank you... LOL! I believe I purchased four containers (on sale and inexpensive) from the craft dept. of either WalMart or Michael's. They are supposed to hold beads or whatever, but they're great for the 200+ ceramic tiles. After I had already purchased mine, I came across a site someone posted about in the SWR Yahoo group that also has some great storage containers to choose from, though priced a bit higher than my simple containers... Teaching Resource Center.

Hey Lady!

I LOVE your binders!!!

Thank you, Julie! :001_smile:

I have my SWR set up a bit differently. I have 1 teacher binder and 1 student binder. I love how you put the books into a binder with sheet protectors, but I'm not sure I could commit to that project :001_huh: My books are all tabbed and that has helped A LOT. I've been thinking about getting at least my WISE guide spiral bound. Liz (the SWR trainer) had mentioned that the spiral bound books were more fragile than the new bindings, so that scared me a bit. Any thoughts?

The hs schedules and such that you have posted on your blog could have been from my computer! So funny. I"m going to show them to my dh to show him that I'm not crazy (or at least not the only crazy one).

Oh, don't get me started on the student binder. LOL! So far I just have a zipper pencil pouch (w/pencils, eraser, etc.), plastic pocket dividers, a primary learner log, a 3/8" composition notebook (Rigg's Institute), and extra paper in ds's student binder, but I also have a binder for his Spelling Word Bank that I may combine w/his student binder instead of keeping them separate.

I don't know anything about getting a book spiral bound, but it does seem that it would be more fragile than if you were to just leave the binding intact. I definitely see the convenience and payoff of placing them in sheet protectors. I just picked out a good movie, plunked down on the floor w/all the materials and viola it's done, but thankfully it was only one a time endeavor that will last for years to come. ;) I would love to now how your binders are set up.... care to share? :)

Are your hs schedules posted someone on your blog? I'd like to see them too!

BTW... Boom, Boom, Ain't it great to be crazy? :tongue_smilie:

I don't know anything about getting a book spiral bound, but it does seem that it would be more fragile than if you were to just leave the binding intact. I definitely see the convenience and payoff of placing them in sheet protectors. I just picked out a good movie, plunked down on the floor w/all the materials and viola it's done, but thankfully it was only one a time endeavor that will last for years to come. ;) I would love to now how your binders are set up.... care to share? :)

I'll get something up on my blog soon and let you know.

Are your hs schedules posted someone on your blog? I'd like to see them too!

I didn't know how to get docs up on my blog until I saw yours. I'm doing it today!!

This thread has inspired me!

I cut the binding off of my WISE Guide and 3 bunched it, put it in a 3"binder (splurged on a nice one:001_smile:). I previously had CF and the WISE Grammar pages (and a few other thing) all in seperate binders/locations amongst my HSing things:001_huh: I put them altogether so everything (except the red TM) is in that binder.

I looked at WM and Staples for a similar container for ceramic letters....I'll keep looking LOL.

This thread has inspired me!

I cut the binding off of my WISE Guide and 3 bunched it, put it in a 3"binder (splurged on a nice one:001_smile:). I previously had CF and the WISE Grammar pages (and a few other thing) all in seperate binders/locations amongst my HSing things:001_huh: I put them altogether so everything (except the red TM) is in that binder.

I looked at WM and Staples for a similar container for ceramic letters....I'll keep looking LOL.

:hurray: Now that is exciting news, thanks for sharing! BTW, don't forget to check out Michael's craft organizing section... you may be able to find something on sale or discounted with a coupon. ;)

I'll get something up on my blog soon and let you know.

I didn't know how to get docs up on my blog until I saw yours. I'm doing it today!!

Ok, I just have to publicly announce that Dinsfamily's SWR Schedule is terrific! If anyone gets a chance, you should check it out on her blog. Again I say, well done!

:thumbup:

Edited by CMama