Menu

Wild Animal Safari

We went as a family one December. We used one of their vehicles and boy, were we glad we did that. We saw other people's cars getting bumped, scratched, and slobbered on by the animals. Our higher van had no windows and that kept us up high enough to enjoy the animals, too.

We had a wide range of ages- from 4 to 70- and we all had fun. One giraffe stuck his head inside and grabbed the entire bag of food from my sister- and ate it, bag and all.

We were glad we went in December because if it had been summer, it sure would have been smelly. And using their van meant all ten of us could be together.

That was 4 years ago- don't know whether it has changed since then. That same day, we did the Little White House tour in Warm Springs. Plenty of time to do both.

The Little White House is less than 20 miles from the animal safari place. Mapquest says it takes 26 minutes but you can probably travel faster than that.

The LWH has a nice picnic area, and despite what the animal park website says, unless they have renovated their snack bar, I wouldn't eat there. And they might have picnic areas outside but it'll smell like animals. But the LWH picnic area and restrooms are very nice.

Wow- the prices at the Wild Animal Safari have really gone up! So perhaps they have done some work to the place. Your kids would love it - mine loved the zoo but this was up close and personal as you can see from the photo!

post-1277-13535082982762_thumb.jpg

post-1277-13535082982762_thumb.jpg

I took my kids earlier this year (or maybe it was late last?) and we had a blast. Got licked by a buffalo!

We used our own car and didn't have any problems, but I can certainly understand why some others used the ones that belong to the place. Those animals are HUGE, and their horns are big, and they have no intention of getting out of your way.