Menu

FLL 3 or 4 for 4th grader...?

sahm99

FLL 4 has alot of repetition in it. I would probably just start with FLL 4 and maybe take it slow. Some of the lessons are rather long. So break them up. There are also lists that need to be memorized (helping verbs, linking verbs, prepositions...), and since these would be new instead of review, you might take a few days when you get to them. It seems like there were about 90 lessons, so you could do it 4-5 days a week instead of the 3 that is recommended.

Here's another thought - will you be using Rod and Staff grammar for 5th grade?

If so - you may be able to finish FLL 3 during 4th grade and go right into RS 5 for fifth grade.

Last year, I had a student in each and at times they were learning the same things. FLL3 introduced concepts that were not even introduced in RS grade 4.

And RS grade 5 did have sufficient review of previously taught topics.

Here's another thought - will you be using Rod and Staff grammar for 5th grade?

If so - you may be able to finish FLL 3 during 4th grade and go right into RS 5 for fifth grade.

Last year, I had a student in each and at times they were learning the same things. FLL3 introduced concepts that were not even introduced in RS grade 4.

And RS grade 5 did have sufficient review of previously taught topics.

:iagree:We enjoyed FLL 3 much more then FLL 4. FLL 3 would be a gentler approach, but is very thorough.