Menu

How does this schedule look?

Melinda

Jared is 6, Hannah just turned 5, and Nathan is 2 1/2. Is this reasonable?

Daily

*Circle Time (things like calendar, time, temperature, seasons, weather, etc)

*Separate time for each of the kids:

*Jared - Math, Reading, Spelling, Grammar, Writing

*Hannah - Math, Reading, Spelling, Grammar, Writing

*Nathan - Math (sorting, counting, etc), Reading (letters and sounds, etc)

*Read-Alouds (FIAR, Ambleside, KONOS, etc)

Monday

*Health

*History

Tuesday

*Music

*Science

*Geography

*Community/Self

Wednesday

*Art

*History

Thursday (alternate between co-op wk - no afternoon stuff and non co-op wk)

On non co-op weeks:

*KONOS project day

Friday

*Music

*Science

*History

Saturday

*Family KONOS activities

*Field Trips

*Cartography/geography class with Dad

*PE classes

How long does this take each day per child? What does the 4yo do for writing and spelling? They learn a LOT at that age by hands-on play, outdoor activities and being read to! :001_smile:

My dd wanted to do school a lot at that age too, though. I tried to make things light and fun, and if she got tired of it, we'd back off for awhile and just play! Just be open to not requiring her to do all that at this age, as she still has lots and lots of years left to do schooling! Remember, your 4yo is still a little! Let her still be a kid!

I'm not sure how long it will take. I figure I will try it for a week to see -- if it is taking too long, we will figure something else out.

Hannah is a little over halfway through WWE I, FLL I, and AAS I. We do take lots of breaks and if she (or Jared) just can't sit still, we either stop working or switch to something more interactive.

Thanks for the reminder to keep it light. I am *way* guilty of being unrealistic with my expectations at times. :blushing:

I'm not sure how long it will take. I figure I will try it for a week to see -- if it is taking too long, we will figure something else out.

Hannah is a little over halfway through WWE I, FLL I, and AAS I. We do take lots of breaks and if she (or Jared) just can't sit still, we either stop working or switch to something more interactive.

Thanks for the reminder to keep it light. I am *way* guilty of being unrealistic with my expectations at times. :blushing:

You have a good positive attitude, and took what I said exactly how I meant it---no as a scolding, but as a reminder! :001_smile:

I think your willingness to listen to advice (whether you take it or not :D) and to adjust if it's not working means that you and your children will do very well! :thumbup:

Best wishes, let us know how it goes!

I like your attitude.

Given what you say here, I think you'll do fine with the above 'schedule'.

Wow, I have an 8 yr old in WWE 1 and starting AAS 1 this week. YOu have one smart 5 yr old there. Everything sounds great, just make sure there's lots of fun, play, and outdoor time.