Menu

What is the difference between the 1st and 2nd edition of the Apologia sciences?

A lot may depend on which course. In general the biggest thing is color illustrations vs. b&w. Also he took feedback from students to refine each book, some books have more experiments and more test options. You can look at specifics at this link, where "ec" before another letter means "exploring christianity" and the other letter means "b" for biology, "c" for chemistry, etc.

https://apologia.spinweb.net/books/

Ds has used both Bio and Chem from the 1st edition. THis year we have the 2nd ed of physics and we like it better. One thing we like especially well is the cd rom that comes with the course and has extra stuff on it like videos of lab demonstrations, sample problems being worked out and so on. We also like the way the new book looks....

If someone were to give me an older Apologia edition, I probably wouldn't spring for a new. However, I'm buying all the newer editions because they contain better diagrams and pictures and will have a better re-sale value. In comparing the 1st and 2nd editions of biology, the 2nd edition had several diagrams that helps explain certain concepts much better. It wasn't a deal-breaker, just preferrable.

HTH,

Lisa