Menu

Can anyone reccomend stories to go along with Body study?

bbsweetpea

My kids REALLY wanted to study the human body this year and I am looking for some books to go along with it.

We have Play and Find out about the Human Body by Janice Van Cleave

and have The human body for every kid on hold at the library to check out (for few more experiments).

I also have a Flip Chart of the body that shows the different systems, parts etc.

We have lots of board games and puzzles but I still would like some fun books to add along with it and maybe a coloring book.

Any suggestions?

I know this isn't what you asked for, but just had to mention it because I used it when my dc were about the ages of your oldest. We had a book called "My Body" (it's still available at Rainbow Resource). You trace and cut out your body from butcher paper (or other similar paper), and then you learn about each organ, cutting out a paper version and gluing/taping it onto your paper body where it belongs. My children absolutely adored that project, and still remember it fondly today. Lol, my oldest carried it even further, cutting out a cat shape, and trying to put organs where they belonged by looking in the encyclopedia. :001_smile:

Have fun!

We've been using the body book recommended by Julie and it's great. I also picked up this body model with removable parts. It has a book that comes along with it. I think my favorite part about the model is the diaphragm. All the 2D models show it as a strip when its shape is closer to a dome.