Menu

Donna A. or other MFW RTR users...when do you get materials together?

Mommy7

Meaning...do you get materials needed for projects (history and science) together on a weekly basis...maybe on Saturdays? Or do you get it all together at the beginning of the year and label ziplocs accordingly (i.e., week 1, etc.)

Just trying to figure out the most efficient way to do that part. I have always avoided "projects" because of not having time to hunt down a list of things. I don't want to end up avoiding the project part of MFW for that same reason.

What is the easiest way to do it?

Not Donna, but when we used RtoR I bought the materials list in the front of the book during the back to school sales and had that on hand. For the weekly activities that had specific materials per week, I usually added those to my grocery/Wal-mart list and bought them the week before (or sometimes two).

Just a little note...even if I had all the materials on hand, we just didn't get to a project:D That's ok, too. We did probably half of the projects that year and it was still a great year. That's what I love about MFW. Of course, that's why I still have a dozen pudding boxes in my pantry for the arch project that my dh was supposed to do with dd's:lol:

I agree with Angel that I gather most things during the summer. There is a general list of materials at the beginning of the manual, and then there are lists of materials for every continent in ECC or every week in other years.

I made a short list of things to gather during the summer (plastic 1-liter or 2-liter bottles & such).

Then during the year, I'd check on some Sundays for groceries I might want over the next week or two. We often would choose easy recipes for things we had on hand, or skip cooking projects, or even go out to an ethnic restaurant on occasion. But a few things my ds really, really wanted to make :)

I am very casual about it.

Julie

not donna either :)

been doing it a week at a time for a long time. exception: book basket pick up could have been for 1-3 weeks at a time based on how organized I was.

but for the supplies listed each week: got them weekend before doing that week, or improvised with what we had.

one item I ordered in advance: ecc, week 16, modeling beeswax.

been in mfw since 2003: I'm not all that organized to do ziploc bags and get it done in the summer. But it going to depend on how you want to do it and what works.

-crystal