Menu

Well, I just got my dd signed up for high school today....

I was surprised at how easy it actually was. We had met with a man previously who was the gatekeeper of sorts who had to give us his blessing to sign her up for 9th grade after homeschooling all these years. He took one look at her ITBS scores and that was it - 15 minutes in and out. He had us come back the next week for her to take the algebra test so she could get credit for it without having to take it again. She passed the algebra so she is able to take honors geometry this year. Also, based on her ITBS scores, she qualified to take whatever other honors courses she wants which only amounts to English and physical science this year. They also require her to take pe, health, world geography, and 2 electives. Unfortunately the only electives they had left were a computer/keyboarding for dummies class, a home ec type class, and speech. She jumped at the computer class knowing it would be a cinch and I talked her into the speech class even though she really didn't want to take it. We have orientation Thursday, she has an all day freshman kickoff on Saturday, and then Wednesday of next week, I'll be waving her off on the bus. I already told her I will cry. I also threatened to come eat lunch with her on the first day. She begged me not to. And then ds and I will take a week and a half to do nothing before I start 6th grade with him. He doesn't ever want to go to school.

:grouphug: I hope that you, your daughter, and your son all have a WONDERFUL school year.

Take a moment to savor the fact that YOU had a lot to do with your daughter's achievement! It sounds as though homeschooling has given her an excellent foundation for her future studies.