Menu

tiny winged bugs in my laundry room?

I keep noticing these tiny winged bugs in my laundry room. They are very small and I have found them on counters. I left a bucket of water in the sink and a bunch of them were in there dead this morning.

I was terrified they might be bed bugs but I googled and found that bed bugs are wingless.

I don't think they are fleas - nothing has been biting anyone.

What could these be?

My laundry room is pretty clean - am embarrassed even asking this because I know you are imaging my house as filthy, lol.

Are they small black moths? We have had these in the past -- they are called (ick) sewer moths, and they breed in sink drains. They are really tough to get rid of completely. You have to pour about 1/2 c of bleach down the drains every day for a few days.

This conversation is just making every inch of my body itch! I'm so horrified.

I found the source and I think they are weevils of some sort. I had dog treats stored in the laundry room and that seems to be where they hang out.

I haven't see anything in the kitchen, but of course I am just one raw nerve and will probably have a six day cleaning spree now. HOW GROSS.

I found the source and I think they are weevils of some sort. I had dog treats stored in the laundry room and that seems to be where they hang out.

I haven't see anything in the kitchen, but of course I am just one raw nerve and will probably have a six day cleaning spree now. HOW GROSS.

Gosh, I'm really sorry to have freaked you out... :grouphug::grouphug:

But we went thru the same thing and bugs do drive you crazy. You can keep a sparkling clean home, but they will still come out. Right now, we are dealing with an onslaught of crickets. Last month was June Bugs. Summertime can be fun! (ICK) Hang in there...

ICK! The good news is that getting rid of the treats will get rid of them. We had that same problem last year. It does not matter how clean your house is bugs will invade from time to time. Our house was spotless when we moved in yet I found a giant roach in the tub ewwwwww. Spiders love our house too, and I am in a constant battle with cobwebs *sigh*.