Menu

Where to buy wall hung chalkboard....(x-post)

MariannNOVA

Sorry to take up space -- I asked this on the Gen'l Board but did not get any answers. If you have a large, school quality chalkboard:001_smile: (I am looking at a chalkboard that is magnetic as well) that is wall hung in your classroom, would you be so kind as to tell me where you purchased it.

I am looking for a 4' x 8' size - I've googled a few retailers, and before I go ahead and purchase one, I wanted to know of anyone's experiences with any particular retailers.

TIA --

CL netted me three excellent student desks from a local private school -- the desks/chairs were being given away! So that was a great find - I picked those up this morning. And, CL also was responsible for my finding an IKEA desk/bookshelves/drawers unit in white, great condition, that we will use for our 'language center' - for $45.00 which is a great deal.

I did look for chalkboards on CL but didn't find any - I will keep looking, but I'm okay buying one since the desks and other furniture has been such a grat bargain.:001_smile:

I think the only thing I can say is that I prefer a chalkboard over whiteboard -- I am a former classroom teacher, and I like a good quality chalkboard.

I have yet to find white board markers that don't have any smell, and I don't like the smell.

I guess that's the only reason I am looking for a chalkboard as opposed to a white board.