Menu

Religiosity and College

I came across this interesting article about religion and college, which is full of interesting, quirky findings. This one in particular made me chuckle, because it's so true from my own life.

The odds of going to college increase for high school students who attend religious services more frequently or who view religion as more important in their lives. The researchers speculate that there may be a "nagging theory" in which fellow churchgoers encourage the students to attend college.

One of the fun things about being a kid in a close-knit congregation is how often adults come to give you unsolicited (but generally wise) advice about life. It's like having thirty extra uncles and aunts and about fifty grandparents. :D

There is some other fun stuff in the article.

I came across this interesting article about religion and college, which is full of interesting, quirky findings. This one in particular made me chuckle, because it's so true from my own life.

One of the fun things about being a kid in a close-knit congregation is how often adults come to give you unsolicited (but generally wise) advice about life. It's like having thirty extra uncles and aunts and about fifty grandparents. :D

There is some other fun stuff in the article.

:lol: So true. And I believe that if a study was done, it would show the difference in college attendance with differing faiths based on how those churches/synagogues/mosques/and all others are in their relationship as a congregation ;)

Edited by mommaduck