Menu

What do you do with your eyebrows? (do you dress up spinoff)

When I was thirteen my mom taught me to pluck my eyebrows & wax my own lip.

Somewhere towards the end of high school I switched to doing cream on my lip.

Recently, the creams have stopped working for me so I have switched to getting my lip waxed every two weeks (only $5). I also have started having my eyebrows shaped professionally maybe three times a year (but I go to a high end salon for that so it is more expensive ... maybe $25?)

I am a hairy person. And yes I have recently started getting the long dark hairs on my chin. I will be one heck of a scary looking old lady!

Ellen

I pluck a little for stray hairs and to emphasize arch. Since mine are lighter than my hair, I *lightly* fill them in a bit using an eyeshadow angle brush and a pale brown/cream color eyeshadow mix.

Groomed eyebrows make one appear more awake, more put-together and can take years off your appearance (as long as they are not OVER plucked, which actually has the opposite effect, looking very Old Lady.) :eek:

I usually pluck strays every couple of weeks or more.

I would suggest a light brown powder-based shadow and a brush. You'll get a much more natural look than with a pencil.

And an eyeshadow angle brush (try Target) works really well. If you purchase a neutral eyeshadow palette with a cream color shadow in it, you can blend it with the light brown to get the perfect color! Make sure the shadow is matte, not sparkly. :cool: Use it really sparingly, brushing excess off on the back of your hand before applying.