Menu

How soon after baby is born do you get.....

back into routine?

We are due to have baby #4 on September 1st by C-section. I have taken a lot of time off due to pregnancy and would like to get back in the groove.

I am also trying to come up with a workable schedule for my oldest three. 13, 10 and seven. Anny suggestions?

I would say it took me about 3 weeks on average to get back to some kind of normal after my C-sections. After two of them, I was back to normal in about a week and a half, but the other two took a little longer (I was older:001_smile:). I would probably have schedules planned out for the olders for those weeks that they could work on pretty much independently. Let your oldest two help the 7yo. You can check work, answer questions, etc. from your bed.

We took just over a week off last year. I had planned to take a week after the baby plus the week of Thanksgiving (she was due 11/11), but she took longer than planned to show :) so we took 1 week & 1 day.

This was an uncomplicated vaginal homebirth, though, and I have no experience with cesarean recovery. I would imagine you'd need longer after a section, but I don't know how much longer. I would think that you could perhaps do a lighter version of school for awhile and then ramp back into full-fledged school?

(It's actually THIS autumn I'm worried about. Dd2 is 8 months old and crawling everywhere, standing, pulling up, cruising - in short, far too close to walking!)