Menu

Need info/suggestions for tour of the White House

I am organizing a group tour of the White House with some family members for the spring. I am concerned about the policy on no handbags and strollers. There will be a couple babies/toddlers in the group, so it would be really hard to go and carry only wallets and keys. It's not any easy place to park near, so we would probably have to take the Metro. The W.H. web site says there is nowhere nearby with lockers.

Any thoughts, suggestions, BTDT?

I was just in Washington, DC this week.

It is a nice size walk from the Metro to the White House. In the summer heat of Washington, DC it is pretty bad.

Sorry I have no suggestions of where to store your stuff. There are hotels in the area though. Maybe you can get a room for one night?

You do know you have to organize your tour through your congressman?

Yes, I know about going through a congressman. I'm hoping that we can get a date in April so the weather will be nice.

I'm so frustrated about what to do with strollers and diaper bags, that I'm thinking we need to hire a college kid to stand outside with our stuff while we tour. Is that too desperate?