Menu

Planners? Anyone used The Christian Homeschool Student Planner?

Chloe

I haven't seen that one, but love this one:

http://www.goodnewsplanners.com

I use the teacher book, which has a TON of resources plus the lesson-plan pages with the squares. My 6yo used the primary planner last "year" and is now going to start the elementary planner. I like the kids' journal exercises & prayer every week, and the primary planner has a game/puzzle on each page.

I haven't seen that one, but love this one:

http://www.goodnewsplanners.com

I use the teacher book, which has a TON of resources plus the lesson-plan pages with the squares. My 6yo used the primary planner last "year" and is now going to start the elementary planner. I like the kids' journal exercises & prayer every week, and the primary planner has a game/puzzle on each page.

I bought the Lutheran versions of this for this year...they look great and I hope they work out well for us. :001_smile:

• 10 months later...
Guest EricTTung

God's Word in Time Scripture Planners are great! http://www.scriptureplanners.com

They've got durable plastic covers, daily scripture and inspiration, study tips, and come in 4 different grade levels.

They're about $10 a piece, but they do offer bulk discounts if you order in a homeschool group.

• 2 months later...
Guest EricTTung

I forgot to mention that Gods Word in time (www.scriptureplanners.com) also has lesson plan books, grade books, and matching posters for each of their planners. And the planners come in KJV and NIV editions for as you may prefer.

The company is based in Houston, and are a small, women-owned and family operated business - I think their entire full-time staff is less than 5, but they really work to bring God's word into students' lives every day.

www.scriptureplanners.com

• 4 weeks later...

I am a mom of 2 kids, my son will be starting college (19) as an education major and my daughter is a sophomore in high school (15).

Both of them use Scripture Planners from God's Word in Time! I definitely recommend them, and they have a buy-3-get-1-free back to school sale going on all remaining stock!

-Doris

www.ScripturePlanners.com

I can't be bothered to have a planner FOR them. Last year I put together a planner modeled from the oldest's 1st grade planner from his classroom. It worked out that their planners included all the spelling, grammar and math work for our records and anyone else who comes calling. I use a comb binding machine to keep everyone orderly. If they don't start to OWN their own planners, they may continue to count on me to keep EVERY SINGLE PAPER organized. And I left the teacher planners in the classroom when I gave up my teaching position to be a mom in the first place.

I do keep a master spreadsheet and make sure we all stay on schedule. If I wasn't here and someone else had to "substitute" they'd croak. But I don't intend to wander off and leave these folks without a guide.