Menu

How to schedule Singapore Math?

jjcmehl

We just switched from Miquon to Singapore Math.

We have US 3a & 3b Textbook with workbooks, and 3 challenging word problems....how is the best way to schedule this over a 36 4/day a week period? (Roughly...anyway since we can always adjust according to my DD needs.)

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!

Christine

respectful wife to DH

mom to 4 AP kids

Basically, you do the textbook until you come to a little arrow, and then you do the workbook. Then you stop for the day.

If you add supplementary books, you can decide whether to add them to your day, or whether to do them on days when you don't do the text/workbook.

Basically, you do the textbook until you come to a little arrow, and then you do the workbook. Then you stop for the day.

If you add supplementary books, you can decide whether to add them to your day, or whether to do them on days when you don't do the text/workbook.

:iagree: You could also schedule a certain amount of time and do as many textbook/workbook pages that fit in that time period.

By time, not page numbers.

Set the timer for :20 or :40 or :50 minutes or whatever you wish, for one or more sessions daily.

Anyway, set the timer.

Work until it beeps

Mark your page with a Stickie, and put it away until tomorrow.

:seeya:

Howdy,

At first I set the timer so as not to over work DD. Then as she matured, I still kept 30 min max, then added a concept at a time unless she needed more review right then. So I would add in IP or CWP. If she didn't, I would save some of this review work for Fri. I like Fridays being testing day. It sums up the material every 4 days, it allows for assessments becoming normative, and it makes for an easy Fri. Afterwards, we would meet an older DD at Starbucks for coffee. DD then would bring her puzzle books- Suduko, Critical Thinking, Workbooks from recent trips, etc, and she woudl sip her lemonade while I chatted with oldest DD.

With the twins home nest year, I will need to rethink this habit.

Thanks for all the ideas...I think I will see how it goes with using a timer set for 30 min./day (Mon.-Thurs.) I will add the CWP after a lesson in the textbook and workbook are complete.

Christine

respectful wife to DH

mom to 4 AP kids