Menu

LisaTheresa!

LB -

I made your pesto recipe and you were so right about it being delicious! I couldn't keep out of it. I also ordered the garlic sauce and we've been enjoying that. I've been trying to expand our options since we are dealing with so many allergies and your suggestions have been so appreciated and welcome! Thank you, thank you!

I finally found the Imagine Potato Leek Soup you had talked about. Can you give me ideas about how you use this? I am not particularly creative in the kitchen, but I'm trying.

Thanks so much!

Lisa

I just now saw this post from over 2 weeks ago. I don't want you to think I am ignoring you! I have to go take my Mama grocery shopping, but will be back on here this afternoon and will post some ideas for the soup. Glad things are going smoother- it makes such a difference when you find "kitchen tricks" to make dealing with the allergies so much easier!

Can you give me a list of your allergies again please?

Thanks so much! I figured you probably just didn't see my message, but I didn't want to harrass you either!

I'd love to hear any ideas you have for the soup. We have allergies to dairy, nuts, fish and gluten. My son wasn't able to have the pesto, but I made it anyway for the rest of us and we really enjoyed it.

I'll watch for your post.

Lisa

Hi Lisa!

Our allergies here are dairy, soy, corn, peanut (not serious but we avoid it completely just in case), shellfish, alcohol, chocolate, and caffeine. I usually avoid wheat when I can, too, but no allergies or gluten issues here.

About the soup- I think it is kind of boring plain, but then again, so is cream of mushroom soup. I just use it mostly for making noodle casseroles- I use rice penne noodles, and just add herbs, sauted or leftover veggies, and leftover chicken or canned tuna or chicken. I put all the stuff in a large bowl, pour the soup over to moisten it all, then put it into casserole dishes, and freeze them so I will have them for lunches and quick dinners.

So mostly, I just use the soup whenever a recipe calls for cream of anything soup.

HTH. Let me kinow if you have any more questions.

Yes, being able to make casseroles is wonderful. I always make 2 to 4 up at a time so I can put them in the freezer.

Also, forgot to say that I use crushed 'tater chips on the top of the casserole. Makes it so much yummier, and increases the odds that my family will eat it, as I am the only one who truly enjoys casseroles in my house.

Glad to help out!