Menu

copywork sources

Katrina

Where can I get some really good copywork sources? My kids are rather old and their cursive stinks. I haven't been that good about making them practice. My goal this year is to finally buckle down and make them do it. I want them to do a paragraph a day, so I'd need about 180 assignments. Thanks!

There are a lot of books online

Anne of Green Gables

Understood Betsy

Pride and Prejudice

also this site has previews of several pages of each of lots of books

http://www.alanbrown.com/JustForKids/More_Book_Previews.html

What age are your children? I need to set some copywork goals. I had been just doing a set amount of time, but I think I need to change to quantity so that there is incentive for improved speed.

HTH,

Kendall

well, right now they are 11 and 13, but pretty soon they will be 12 and 14. Like I said, I haven't been that consistant with cursive, and when they were younger a lot of the classical method just didn't "click" with me. I wish I'd done more narrations and copywork, but it's a little too late for that. (A little advice: if SWB says to do something, just do it. So many things that she recommended I didn't do and wish I had.)

I would like to have all 180 passages typed up, printed, and bound into a book so each day they can just turn the page and have their next passage all ready.

I was just looking for an easy resource, but the above posts have inspired me to be a little more creative. I went ahead and purchased Living Memory. I remember when it first came out and all the hupla (is that a word?) on these boards about it, so I figure it'll be a good resource regardless. I like the wikipedia idea. Now I'm thinking maybe for each week I can have one poetry selection, one lit selection, one paragraph about something interesting in history, and maybe one for science. Maybe one Bible quote could take up the last day.