Menu

Does anyone here live in Japan??

I visited Japan for a week a long time ago and a cousin by marriage is living in Japan, she's lived there for several years now.

My daughter is a huge anime/manga fan she has now discovered Tokyo Mew Mew and wants to collect the dolls. We've checked ebay, amazon, searching google etc and can't find them anywhere. I was wondering if there is a way to find a store in Japan that might have some in stock still that we could order from and have them shipped over here. Do you know of anything like that?? Thanks in advance for your reply. :)

My daughter is a huge anime/manga fan she has now discovered Tokyo Mew Mew and wants to collect the dolls. We've checked ebay, amazon, searching google etc and can't find them anywhere. I was wondering if there is a way to find a store in Japan that might have some in stock still that we could order from and have them shipped over here. Do you know of anything like that?? Thanks in advance for your reply. :)

What are they?

I live in Yokosuka, about an hour outside of Yokohama (Tokyo suburb).

Kris

Hmmm.

Okay, I'm heading out to town on Friday (I think) so I'll look for 'em.

How much you want to spend?

Kris

hmm. That's a good question. My daughter is saving up her allowance to buy them. If you could find them there then maybe I would buy them and then let her earn them from me. I told her that anything more than $20.00 per doll would be too much. So I'm guessing around there especially since she will have to pay shipping on top of that from out of the country.

I really appreciate your looking for her. That is so kind of you. :grouphug: Thank you for offering to help. :)

Blessings,

Jennifer

hmm. That's a good question. My daughter is saving up her allowance to buy them. If you could find them there then maybe I would buy them and then let her earn them from me. I told her that anything more than $20.00 per doll would be too much. So I'm guessing around there especially since she will have to pay shipping on top of that from out of the country.

I really appreciate your looking for her. That is so kind of you. :grouphug: Thank you for offering to help. :)

Blessings,

Jennifer

Ahhhh, I can almost guarantee you that it will cost more than $20 USD. If these dolls are the ones I'm thinking of they run about 2100Y. With the conversion that will cost you about $22.60 plus shipping, which will be about $10 flat-rate Priority USPS (you don't want me to ship it parcel post). I'll still look and take a few pictures. Maybe it'll be worth it for a Christmas present!

Kris

My daughter is a huge anime/manga fan

Totally OT, but...

My oldest ds is huge anime/manga fan!:D He thinks Hayoa Miyazaki is a genius and is currently doing his senior project on anime. When the time comes to look at colleges, check out the clubs. A number of colleges that we have looked at actually have anime clubs.

Mandy

Ahhhh, I can almost guarantee you that it will cost more than $20 USD. If these dolls are the ones I'm thinking of they run about 2100Y. With the conversion that will cost you about $22.60 plus shipping, which will be about $10 flat-rate Priority USPS (you don't want me to ship it parcel post). I'll still look and take a few pictures. Maybe it'll be worth it for a Christmas present!

Kris

Oh Kris, thank you so much!! I guess $22.60 will be okay since it's close enough. She saw one on Ebay once that closed at $45.00. I told her that was too much for a doll though. We're not rich and neither is she. :p You are so kind to look for me. I cannot thank you enough. :grouphug:

Bless you,

Jennifer

Totally OT, but...

My oldest ds is huge anime/manga fan!:D He thinks Hayoa Miyazaki is a genius and is currently doing his senior project on anime. When the time comes to look at colleges, check out the clubs. A number of colleges that we have looked at actually have anime clubs.

Mandy

Oh I love Miyazaki!! His films are sooo beautiful and his ideas are so creative. I swear he is a child stuck in a man's body. He has such interesting stories. :) Thanks for the information on the manga clubs. I'll let her know.:)