Menu

After reading the Rosetta Stone thread, I have steered away from buying Rosetta Stone for our Spanish 1 this Fall.

What have you used for Spanish (other then RS, of course) that has worked for you?

Has anyone used Switched on Schoolhouse Spanish 1 for highschoolers? I have heard good things about it (to my surprise).

Pamela

I've been using Spanish Now this year with my 12yo dd as well as with some of my own lessons. She likes it and it has a pretty good pace for kids I think. The book I have doesn't come with a CD but apparently the new ones do. Here's a link. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Spanish-Now-Level-1-CDs/dp/0764177745/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247625626&sr=8-1

If you like the Rosetta Stone, don't be steered away, go ahead and get it!

Just don't try to sell it on E-Bay when you are finished with it! BTW, I have an old version, it is useless because the latest version of computer it runs on is XP (we used Win98). That is what happens when your kids are four years apart!

SOS Spanish I and II are outstanding. We've had several testimonials about college credit after completing Spanish I and part of Spanish II. My own dd did the bulk of Spanish I, and then navigated college Spanish easily.

HTH!

Hi, I'm looking into SOS and Tell ME More...

Thanks,

Kim

SOS Spanish I and II are outstanding. We've had several testimonials about college credit after completing Spanish I and part of Spanish II. My own dd did the bulk of Spanish I, and then navigated college Spanish easily.

HTH!