Menu

Right Start Math Card Games Book

kbpaulie

OK, I keep hearing about this book. We use Singapore and Miquon. I have 6ds and 3ds. Wondering if we'd still have fun w/ this book and could use it. Do I need an abacus and a working knowledge for any or many of these games?

Thanks-

KB

it's worth it, especially for drill imo, to have the math games book and all of the cards.

No abacus is needed. No additional knowledge is needed. The instructions are not always written that well, so bring your patience to the table. :) It's a great resource though and worth the price.

K

:iagree:.....and it's such a complete package. My oldest is 6 too, and most of the cards are still in shrink wrap (mult/div/fractions......) so we will be using these games for years to come. Plus, my dd4 inevitably wants to play too, so she gets good exposure to the math facts too.

I would have some sort of manipulative handy. C.rods will work fine.;)

OK, I keep hearing about this book. We use Singapore and Miquon. I have 6ds and 3ds. Wondering if we'd still have fun w/ this book and could use it. Do I need an abacus and a working knowledge for any or many of these games?

Thanks-

KB

You wouldn't need an abacus for the games, but if you wanted one for general use it does come with instructions. :D

You do need the whole games package with the cards and not just the games book. It would be difficult to substitute other cards, and they just aren't that expensive.

Here are some of the games demonstrated on You Tube:

Corners

Who's On Top Card Game

Top & Bottom Corners

Skip Counting Memory

Short Chain Solitaire

One

Make 16 Cents

Fraction War

Fifteen Minutes Later

Go to the Dump Card Game

Multiplication Memory

Happy viewing! :)

I have my kids play a game together daily. They do well with their math facts. :)

Heather

Would you say that this is better than free games found via the internet?

This would add up to $50 so my kids could play games and learn math. Yikes. Want to check it out before I leap.

Also, I have 6ds and 3ds. They won't be playing together for a while. Are any solitare games or am I always going to be playing?

Thanks so much!

This would add up to $50 so my kids could play games and learn math. Yikes. Want to check it out before I leap.

Also, I have 6ds and 3ds. They won't be playing together for a while. Are any solitare games or am I always going to be playing?

Thanks so much!

Several of the games do have solitaire versions...I would say at least 1/4 of them. I would also have found corners fun to do on my own, though I was an only child and used to playing games by myself. ;)

Heather

Thanks so much!

I just got the set in the mail last night and I am SO excited, and partly mad at myself that I didn't buy it earlier. We've already played a few games and the kids and I are already in love. Almost 6 yo stole the abacus and has been playing with it all day. (1 abacus comes in the game set.)

I did buy it for my 1st grader to play with math facts, but looking at the book, there are quite a few games that we can play with the preschooler as well. So, in addition to the games that can be played as solitaire, you may be surprised at how soon your kids will be able to play together.