Menu

Explorer's Bible Studies? Anyone use these?

I teach seminars on inductive study method and have spent a fair amount of time evaluating both Bible studies as well as Bible curriculums. I have a high opinion of the Explorer's materials. Why? Because a solid percentage of the questions require answers directly from the Bible text and because the notes are also very thorough.

For a teen, you might even consider using the adult-level study, though the Quest series is also fine. I have found, even with the very best Bible curriculums, that most kids can comfortably work one level higher than the official recommendation.

I have been using one of the Quest books this year with a group of junior high girls and have been very, very pleased with them.

Our church uses the Quest materials. Right now, the youth are doing God's Perfect Plan (study of Bible prophecy). When I researched the prices for the materials at CBD, the God's Perfect Plan adult level materials were WAY expensive ($49.99 per set of student books), and not really much advanced over the God's Perfect Plan Quest (youth level) materials ($15.99 per student book).