Menu

Don't you just hate it when B&M stores and Websites are NOT connected. At All.

I went online this morning to check the local flyer for JoAnn's Fabrics because I'm wanting a pattern for a duvet cover and shams. The website showed a flyer that says McCall's patterns were 1.99. I went to the McCall's website to see if there were any patterns that met my needs, wrote down the numbers and headed down to the store (which is, in fact a 15-20 min drive, ONE way). I got there, pulled the patterns and the first one rung up at $10 and some-odd cents. I explained to the girl at the checkout about the website. Blank look, and um, no. no patterns on sale this week. Followed her ringing up the next pattern. I said, no, I'm not buying these. Oh, you're not? DUH. And I left. Got home about an hour later empty handed and a little ticked off.

Why do stores have websites if they are useless? Why don't the employees have access to these websites so that they can at least ACT intelligent? And why am I so bent out of shape over this?

:rant:

For Joann's you'll need to get on their mailing list to get their store flyers sent out to you. I get one about every other week with the stores current sales and usually a 40% off coupon at least. Sorry this happened. It is frustrating.

Michelle

PS, Did you know you can get a 15% off Teacher's Discount Card at Joann's? You can use that even with sale prices.

On the Weekly ad I looked at it says that all the items on the front page are on sale July 2-5 only

I would double check the ad (I looked on the webpage for the weekly ad and put in my zip and it brought up a copy of the INSTORE ad.

For my store, it had McCall patterns on sale for .99

On the back of the newest flyer - they have a clarification of their price match policy, they clearly state they WILL price match their online prices. Just bring in a printout of the item/price. That is new i think - i'm sooooo saving that ad! LOL!

But yes, do get the teacher card (you can sign up online, but they probably aren't doing it there till August now) and then on the mailing list!

On the back of the newest flyer - they have a clarification of their price match policy, they clearly state they WILL price match their online prices. Just bring in a printout of the item/price. That is new i think - i'm sooooo saving that ad! LOL!

But yes, do get the teacher card (you can sign up online, but they probably aren't doing it there till August now) and then on the mailing list!

Nahhh, not new, they've had that policy for years.

Joann's sales flyers end on Saturdays....so you probably were looking at the ad that ended yesterday but shopping today/Sunday? Good news is that McCall's patterns are on sale for 99 cents from July 2 to 5th. Butterick are $1.99 July 9-11; Simplicity are $1.99 July 16-18. Never pay full price for a pattern, as they typically cycle the sales like this....sometimes they aren't all advertised in one flyer, so you have to wait until next month's flyer, but we keep a running list of patterns we want and when they're on sale we pounce. And definitely apply for the teacher discount, as that makes your $.99 pattern become an .84 pattern! The teacher discount is good on all sale items, but is NOT good when you already receive a coupon discount, i.e. their 40% off one item coupons. But sale items, clearance all get the additional discount. Sweet!

With your Joann's so far away, is there a Walmart with a fabric department closer? You can take the Joann's ad to Walmart and get the sale price for the patterns. Be sure to print out the ad or take in the mailed flyer....it's such a big price match that it typically requires a manager to view the ad ($10.99 normal price and you get it for $.99). But, it's wonderful when you don't want to travel 15 minutes (our closest is more like 20-30 depending on freeway traffic)....or when Joann's doesn't have the size you need. Hancock Fabrics also price matched, but the one near us closed last year so no more doing that.

If you sew a lot, be sure to sign up your husband and kids on the mailing list. We get multiple ads each time, and so we have multiple copies of the 40% coupons! And sign them all up for the email flyers as well, because they send printable coupons (with bar codes so you can't just print a bunch of them, each has your name/email on it and a bar code number). And before someone rides a high horse telling me that's cheating or something, the manager is the one that told my daughters to sign up for their own flyers to get their own discount when she overheard us haggling over who got to use the coupon. She then handed us flyers with the coupons for that visit! I signed us all up for the email flyers and have always stood in line right with them each of us using a separate coupon....they do sometimes compare our bar code numbers, but not always.

I (and others) have had a lot of problems getting J's policy to be consistent. Our store is new, and i've been broke and haven't tried to have them to match yet. In other places they would only match certain stores... or ones within a certain distance. This doesn't say any of that - so hey, they have to match Michael's that is an hour away from me right? LOL!

Most stores do NOT match their online stores though - that is what surprised me. I've had J's refuse to do that too.....

Really, just make it all the same and save us all the hassles i say! LOL!!

Good idea on the kids - my DD has recently wanted to start stealing my coupon :glare:

I just double checked their website and the patterns were 99 cents, not 1.99. Which makes me even MORE torqued. And if you run your mouse over the pattern thing, it says 6/28-7/4. Which is different from the page itself, which is 7/2-4. I think the thing that bothered me the most was the face of the cashier. Did I grow a 3rd eye? Have you ever heard of the internet?

And thanks for the tip on signing up the girls. I do the sewing but they buy their own fabrics alot of the time. :D

I just double checked their website and the patterns were 99 cents, not 1.99. Which makes me even MORE torqued. And if you run your mouse over the pattern thing, it says 6/28-7/4. Which is different from the page itself, which is 7/2-4. I think the thing that bothered me the most was the face of the cashier. Did I grow a 3rd eye? Have you ever heard of the internet?

And thanks for the tip on signing up the girls. I do the sewing but they buy their own fabrics alot of the time. :D

Ok, that one I can explain because it "got" me once long ago. The flyer dates are 6/28 to 7/18....BUT....there are certain pages in many of Joann's flyers that are certain dates only. So, I've actually got the mailed flyer right here in my hand....it's 8 pages long, plus has a 4 page insert for their Independence Day Sale. The 8 pages of the flyer are for June 28 to July 18.....but the 4 page insert is only July 2-5.

THe good news is that if you don't yet have your teacher discount, or your Joann's gives you a hard time about it.....the insert has a 10% off your total purchase good July 2-5.

I wish that Joann's and others would just stick to the format of the grocery stores, lol......ads come out on Wednesday and are good until the following Tuesday. Period. No wondering if this product or that one are on sale a different day. Of course, lately the grocery has been sending out supplement flyers and emails, so that's getting confusing too!

Or, actually how about they stop all this silly sale stuff and simply lower their prices to something reasonable. Then I'd be in there buying when the mood hits, which believe me would mean more money than "we have to shop today because it's on sale whether I want to drag my behind there or not".

I wish that Joann's and others would just stick to the format of the grocery stores, lol......ads come out on Wednesday and are good until the following Tuesday.

Yeah, even for 99 cent patterns, I probably won't be going back this week. It's a full week for us, and I was hyped on caffeine, ready to fend off the crowds (those crafty ladies can get really nasty, ya' know?!). And I have another crafter's nightmare tomorrow, with the Wilton coupons from Hobby Lobby. I'm headed over to ebay right now to look for another sewing pattern like the one I wanted. A duvet cover. It's not rocket science, but for someone who hasn't sewn for a while, it might as well be :)