Menu

Verbs in Rosetta Stone not conjucated correctly?

Tohru

I just picked up Rosetta Stone Latin American Spanish, version 2 from the library and went through a few lessons. I wanted to check it out before spending so much, but then noticed a terrible error was reoccurring.

It seems that none of the verbs are being conjugated correctly, meaning they do not have the proper endings. All the verbs have the -o ending, indicating "I" completed the action, however the sentence is trying to say a person, people or animal completed the action which should change the verb ending to -a, -an, -as, etc, rather than -o.

:confused: Does this only occur with in Version 2 of Latin American Spanish or are all their languages like this? Did Rosetta Stone fix the error in Version 3?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, as my ds wants to learn a foreign language and now I'm very leary of Rosetta Stone.

It seems that none of the verbs are being conjugated correctly, meaning they do not have the proper endings. All the verbs have the -o ending, indicating "I" completed the action, however the sentence is trying to say a person, people or animal completed the action which should change the verb ending to -a, -an, -as, etc, rather than -o.
They are conjugated correctly. For a variety of reasons, RS is using the present participle (the "ing" form of the verbs) combined with "to be." It is "to be" -- estar -- which is being conjugated.

El está hablando -- He is talking.

Ella está caminando -- She is walking.

El está bibiendo -- He is drinking.

Ellos están comiendo -- They are eating.

Estoy escribiendo. -- I am writing.

etc.

They are conjugated correctly. For a variety of reasons, RS is using the present participle (the "ing" form of the verbs) combined with "to be." It is "to be" -- estar -- which is being conjugated.

El está hablando -- He is talking.

Ella está caminando -- She is walking.

El está bibiendo -- He is drinking.

Ellos están comiendo -- They are eating.

Estoy escribiendo. -- I am writing.

etc.

:iagree:

Yes. They're correct.