Menu

be careful when returning items to Sonlight!

Boy, did I ever find this out the hard way last week! My son asked me to get the iron filings off his ceramic magnet, and after rubbing off all I could, I washed it off over a sink full of dishes. :glare: I had one pot, 12 utensils, and 7 (glass!) bowls covered in rust stains. I did get them off, eventually . . . but it took lots of cleaner and elbow grease.

Wow, what a mess -- thanks to you and Carolyn for bringing up the potential problems with the iron filings! I'm definitely going to steer clear of them. The only times we have used them, they were encased in plastic, but I can imagine what a mess it would be if the plastic broke. I hadn't considered the possibility of rust, though.

I wonder if a Mr Clean Magic Eraser would get the rust stains off of things. I don't know how they work, but I've gotten all kinds of stuff clean with Magic Erasers. Maybe they really are magic... ;)

Cat

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I looked at those pictures. With the Apologia book, I don't know how you could have dented that one corner up. Many textbooks have this issue with them even when you buy them new you will see a crunched corner. I find this all so concerning. I ordered two new cores last summer, & I did, indeed, have books that I'd *now* consider damaged that I did not notify SL of. And that you placed such a large order totaling over $800 and had to go through this...I don't know, it's very concerning to me. When I spoke with a cs rep, she stated to me that their return policy is very lenient and that books that they do not refund on are mostly in a condition to be recycled. Your books in those pictures don't look like that to me. :001_huh:

I'm feeling really disappointed and confused by your experience with a company I thought would really stand behind their product and work hard to make their customer happy. I have not had any bad experience with them, but posters here who say they have... that in combination with that one aspect of their return policy, it concerns me, that's for sure.