Menu

Those with outside help...Help!

The lovely young woman that will be cleaning for me (a.k.a. my favorite new bff) starts tomorrow. chores008.gif She will be using all of my cleaning supplies that I supposedly have on hand. If I were to have said products, what would they be? I have pergo floors. chores012.gif No special countertops. What supplies do you use that I can go to Wal-mart to purchase? Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

for tomorrow and then ask her specifically what she would like to have on hand. My experience is that most cleaning people have "favorites" and if you're going to buy supplies you might as well buy supplies that she likes to use. I'd also ask about cleaning tools and as your budget allows, purchase the tools that she likes to use.

I have never NOT had outside help in the cleaning/laundry area and I figure if some specifc cleaning supplies keep someone happily cleaning my house then I am all for getting what they want. Heck, I'd have purchased a solid gold mop for my favorite housekeeper if that is what she wanted!

TK

I had a requested for a toilet brush for every toilet in the house. That way she did not have to carry the yucky thing around.

Mine uses a small bucket when she cleans floors (I think she uses an ice cream bucket)

I purchased some Norwex cloths which are great but take time and are costly. I highly reccomend the window/glass cleaner cloth. They are great and you can stop buying Window cleaner which gets costly over the years.

An abrasive cleaner comes in handy too.

A swifter type broom for hardwood floors is expensive but cuts down on the dust.

I am the type of person that is happy with a wipe with vinegar and baking soda but that is me. My lady cleans with the real cemicals when she feel they are needed.

Congratulations on the break! It was such a releif for me to not have to worry about keeping up the house twice a month too. School is enough for my sorry self.

I have pergo floors and I use my swiffer on it. It's a three-step process, actually. Step 1: Sweep with regular broom. Step 2: Sweep with microfiber cloth on swiffer. (I use those instead of the disposable swiffer cloths, it works just as well and they're re-usable...just wash. I think they sell them near the cleaning stuff, somewhere, I've had these for several years now so I can't remember!. 3M/Scotch made the ones I use). Step 3: Spray sections of floor with windex and wipe immediately with old cotton cloth on swiffer.

So for the pergo cleaning, I recommend a broom, dustbin, swiffer, microfiber cloth, old cotton rags (or handkerchiefs or whatever you have), and windex. I'm sure you already have some of those! Others might have better suggestions for cleaning pergo, but this system works wonderfully for me.