Menu

Would the Key To Books plus LOF be considered meaty enough?

Guest heatherf

Has anyone compared LOF with Professor B algebra? I wish I knew why there is so little review on Professor B. Has anyone used it at all? I'd sure love to hear a review or two, or three, or ....:bigear:

• 3 weeks later...

I've unfortunately never seen LOF, but I have used Professor B. I highly recommend the first three Prof. B. books (Books 1, 2,and 3), which are the lower-level books for first-time learning or remedial fractions/decimals/ and percents. In my opinion, if you have a child who is seriously math challenged (and I mean 'seriously': My daughter had a learning disability with math, if a three-inch stack of practice sheets still leaving her unable to do basic adding and subtracting by grade 5, and the Key-to Books being a complete disaster is any indication...) then there is no better program out there. It is also a great foundation for the non-math challenged child - it certainly was for my second dc who is now getting 90's in upper-level maths. But...I don't recommend the algebra books. They just don't work nearly as well or nearly as brilliantly as the primary program. I did like the introduction to algebra part, however. Actually, LOF looks interesting...is anyone out there still using Math-U-See anymore? I remember thinking that it looked pretty nice (years ago).