Menu

explorer's bible study

greenmamato3

i'm trying to land on a bible curriculum for our family. DH would like for it to be "open and go" as much as possible. i'm not into crafts and all that for reinforcement .... mostly this will be done at dinner table and/or breakfast/bedtime.

i've looked into the explorer's bible study: beginnings I. we have a 4.5 and 6 yr old .... we sort of span both brackets I and II. would you recommend just going with I?

also, what do you know about the Discovering Jesus In Gen/Ex books put out by the Hunts?

Training Hearts, Teaching Minds?

what are some other options?!

I'd like to focus as much as possible on character traits . . . not just more bible STORIES.

We're using both I (with my 6 yo ds) and II (with my 8.5 yo dd). I simply read to my son and my daughter works independently. These are mostly stories (I) with some vocabulary mixed in, simple prayers. I like it, it's not too involved, and fairly short. I don't really see much in the way of character building, at least not straight out. HTH

Sarah

I started using the second level one for dd when she was at the end of second grade, but we just couldn't get into it. Have you considered a devotional that also lists a bible verse everyday?

I can't recommend Little Visits with God highly enough. We did Leading Little Ones to God, twice thru first grade, but hit a wall in second grade--I tried several things. Then we found LVwG, and I could not have been more pleased. It's sweet, it affirms good values, it's engaging, and I think your kids would be at the perfect age for it. Not a workbook or a bible curriculum, but a wonderful way to tell of God's character while shaping your kids' character.

Discovering Jesus In Gen/Ex books put out by the Hunts

I'm using this right now and it is a bit tough for my 4.5 year old (who is reading and very verbal) It is wonderful, but quite challenging. We're using it for morning devotions, not as Bible study/curriculum.

You might consider some of the materials from Doorposts if you're specifically looking at character training rather than strict Bible curriculum.