Menu

TOG Y1: Track 1 or Track 2?

swimmermom3

Has anyone who has done TOG Y1 opted for Track 1? Track 1 is where you start Unit 1 with weeks 4,5,6,1,2,3,7,8,and 9 so that you are going in chronological order. The introduction says that this is not the recommended path since you will miss some of the nuances that are in Track 2. Does this occur only from a Biblical perspective? If my approach is more secular, will it make a difference which track I take?

I don't know about a more secular approach, but I've decided to use the track that starts off with Creation first because I have dc in the grammar stage only. I think if I had older kids (ie. dialectic and above that were in the stage of 'making connections') then I would start with the Egyptians first. I personally would like to do it that way, but I'll just have to save it for another 4 or more years.

Your dc look to be older, so you could start with week 1 and just don't worry about having to start with week 4 and then backtracking (which is a bit of a pain, I think, but it is kinda neat to know we can do it either way). But, then again, I love the biblical worldview of history, so you might want to wait for some more comments. Maybe you could elaborate some more about your desires for taking a secular approach.

Brenda

We did it using the weeks in order last year (1,2,3,4...) but afterwards, I wish I had done it with 4, 5, 6 first. But I can see the logic doing in the order TOG schedules it. I just didn't like it. Having gone through it once, I believe when we go through it again, we will do weeks 4-6 first. I personally found it weird to go "out of order" ;).