Menu

For those who make their own timelines... (x-post)

swimmermom3

For those of you who make your own timelines...do you have any special tips? Paper weight? Do you change colors for different periods? Vertical or horizontal? Do you have templates that you can add to? I would like to make our own in a notebook where I can also put in writing samples, poetry, maps, and pictures of projects that go with the time period. I would use page protectors. Does anyone have photos of a timeline they are especially proud of and would like to share? :D We have used the Book of Time before, but I want more flexibility. I will be using a mix of primarily TOG Y1 w/HO, SL, and Trisms.

I am very new to homeschooling, so I have no pictures, but I love history and am slated to teach the history component of our co-op next year. I love the template from Tanglewood because of the flexibility that you mentioned and think it's worth checking out: http://www.tanglewoodeducation.com/orderT.htm Scroll down to the bottom to the "Book of Centuries". It's inexpensive, you can reuse it as often as you want/need, and it's perfect for using in page protectors. I hadn't thought of having different paper color for the different periods, but I think that's a great idea. Good luck!

I don't have pictures, but we got our templates from www.donnayoung.org - I think it was Template 5 we used.

I also used her suggestions as far as how much room per time period. It has worked out great so far.

I have different colored heavy-weight paper for different time periods. I put them in white binder and made a cover to slide into the front. They turn it sideways to work on their timeline.

We are also doing TOG Yr 1 next year.

I don't have pictures, but we got our templates from www.donnayoung.org - I think it was Template 5 we used.

I also used her suggestions as far as how much room per time period. It has worked out great so far.

I have different colored heavy-weight paper for different time periods. I put them in white binder and made a cover to slide into the front. They turn it sideways to work on their timeline.

We are also doing TOG Yr 1 next year.

Thank you for this suggestion. This past year we just used old paper grocery bags, cut them up into strips, used a sharpie to put on the "time line" lines and the boys filled in the information. But, it takes up a lot of wall space and your suggestion is great for storing. Wish I thought of this last year, but it's my first year homeschooling and learning as I go!!

Do you also time line the Arts/Literature or Science dates?