Menu

Book of Centuries questions

Time4tea

For those who do a Book of Centuries, how do you place the entries? Do you just go down like it's notebook paper and add the events and hope there's room when/if you ever need to add something later. Or, do you draw a line from the time downward and find a place somewhere down the page to fit it in? Is that clear as mud?

Also, my dd, going into 6th has such bad penmanship somehow I have got to find a way to add type written entries as well, without reprinting the page completely everytime she enters something on the time line.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, ~Tea~

We are in the process of switching to a more CM-based approach, and my plan for our Book of Centuries is exceedingly simple. I'm going to print the pages, put them in a 3-ring binder, hand it over to dd, and let her decide what to do with it! :lol: She's very creative and loves this kind of stuff, so I'm going to let her have fun with it, and try not to let my perfectionist tendencies and linear thinking take over and turn it into a chore instead. I thought about doing the timeline method that you mentioned, but I decided that I'm not going to worry about that, at least not for now. For now, if she just gets a general feel for what happened in a given century, that's good enough for me. When we do a second history rotation, I may get more particular then. But this time, I just want her to enjoy it.

I'm sure that others here will have great suggestions, though. And what you ultimately decide will probably depend a lot on the personality of your kid. I look forward to reading the replies you get.

ETA: Hey, just noticed, this was my 999th post. :D

Edited by GretaLynne