Menu

Arts and Craft ideas for co-op

chpiper

Anyone have any fun resources for an arts and crafts co op class? We can pretty much pick whatever theme, but I am having trouble coming up with what I am looking for...The age ranges will be from 5-8 and there will be less than 12 kids.

Last year we did Artistic Pursuits Book 1 K-3 for an hour long co-op class. The ages were 6-8. I am not an art teacher, but Artistic Pursuits made it so easy. Each step (or lesson) fit very well into the time frame. The kids REALLY took to this and it turned out to be a favorite class. Mid year I started adding in information and extra pictures of the style of the artists we were studying. We took an end of year field trip to the local Art Museum. At our co-op banquet we displayed all of the art projects they did for the year as a mini art gallery. They were pretty proud to show off their work.

Next year we will continue with the book. We only made it half way through. The kids and I can't wait.