Menu

Cambridge Latin Users....

Hi-

Now that the school year is drawing to a close, I'm thinking what worked (and didn't)and looking ahead to the next Fall term. What really worked was when I assigned the "The Stories" from the Cambridge Website

(http://www.cambridgescp.com/page.php?p=clc^oa_book2^stage16)when the stories had comprehension breaks/questions in the middle of the story. I'd like to replicate that break with quick comprehension or grammar checks like the site does. Unfortunately, as a home schooling parent, it would take a lot of time/effort to type in the story & add the grammar/comprehension check for just my two kids to use one time...so I was hoping that some of you great teachers/parents

out there have already done this & won't mind sharing the worksheets with me.

If not, do you know where there is something similar where you read a few lines of a story & answer a comprehension question or grammar question then continue on with more of the story, etc. ??

Oh yes...we're in Book 2 - stage 16 - 4th edition.

Help anyone?

Myra

I am not sure what you mean but I just thought I would reply to bump you and see if anyone else does.

We arent doing Cambridge at the moment....but in my memory, most of the stories in the books have comprehension questions at the end. Did you just want some in the middle as well? Are you not using the books- just the website? I found that between the books and the website there was a lot of help.

We may be talking apples and oranges here since we used the British edition, but I think they are fairly similar.

Thanks for bumping this up for me! I guess what I'm looking for is more comprehension questions and/or grammar questions in the midst of reading the stories so that my kids have sort of a "spot check" when they are reading the stories independently rather than at the end of the story or the next day when we review the story. We use the books and the websites, but just wanted a bit more with the readings/stories.

Myra

Thanks for bumping this up for me! I guess what I'm looking for is more comprehension questions and/or grammar questions in the midst of reading the stories so that my kids have sort of a "spot check" when they are reading the stories independently rather than at the end of the story or the next day when we review the story. We use the books and the websites, but just wanted a bit more with the readings/stories.

Myra

You should check with the North American Cambridge Classics Project.

http://www.cambridgelatin.org/resource.html

Click on their catalog and you'll find that they have collections of comprehension questions. (Not sure, but imagine that they are PDF documents on CD.) They have different sets for 3rd and 4th editions, so you'll have to page through the catalog if you're looking for different sets.