Menu

Rod & Staff English 7

mom2denj

Well, it depends on how comfortable you are with grammar, but overall I think it's very helpful to have the TM on hand for R&S English 7. I've gone through R&S English 3 through 7 with my oldest son. There's no way I could do the diagramming on my own in the English 7 book. The concepts are very advanced and include:

verbal phrases as nouns

noun clauses

substantives

verbals as adjectives

restrictive & nonrestrictive clauses, and misplaced clauses

intransitive complete verbs

intransitive linking verbs

In addition to the answers, I also find the TM helpful when I teach. Each lesson has an oral review that I do daily with my boys. I also do much of the work in R&S English orally, so it's helpful to have 2 books. Finally, the TM is not that expensive. Therefore, I would highly recommend it, but YMMV...

HTH!

I am going to purchase this for my dd next year. For those who have used this, should I purchase the teachers guide also?

We just started R&S recently. The TM doesn't just have the answers to all questions in the student book, workbooks, and tests, but also includes daily oral review and some written quizzes. I've noticed the children's retention has increased in the short time we've used it. That being said, I'm not worried about having the TM for 2nd grade. :001_smile: I can swing 2nd grade. I didn't even consider picking up the 6th grade book without the TM, though, I'd flounder.

I needed the TM then for RS ENg. 2 and wouldn't teach RS Eng. 7 without it. Ds used RS Eng. 2 to third of RS Eng 7. Plus the TM have reinforcement for teacher at the beginning of the lessons which you may or may not do. It helped me understand the material better. It's sort of a review of the previous lessons.