Menu

Apologia Lapbooks: Live N Learn vs. Knowledge Box

I have found 2 companies that make lapbooks for Apologia Science, Live N' Learn Press and Knowledge Box Central. I would love to hear from those that have used these, possibly even used both. What did you like? What didn't you like? If you have used both, which one did you like better, and why?

TIA,

We have used Live and Learn Press lapbooks for Apologia General Science. My daughter needed something more hands-on than just answering the questions in the study guide. Basically this lapbook is a visual way of working through the study guide. She puts the mini-books on cardstock or just colored paper and inserts into a 3-ring binder.

I have purchased something from Knowledge Box Central in the past when we were discovering lapbooking. I wasn't that impressed with what I received.

Most of our lapbooking is with Hands of a Child, but for science specific, LLP fits the bill.

Thank you all for your responses. I bought the LLP lapbook to go along with Apologia Astronomy and General science for the fall. However, we have been using the Knowledge Box lapbook with Zoology 2 the past couple weeks because it was given to me with the book. It's working out well, so having not used the LLP yet, I was concerned that if Knowledge Box was liked by more people, that we might be disappointed with LLP. It sounds like I don't need to worry about it.

I have used both. I can't remember if I used the KBC for Apologia, but I have used them for Tapestry of Grace.

IMO there is no comparison - LLP is far superior. I had trouble getting the KBC booklets to work quite often. I haven't had ANY trouble with the LLP ones, and they are all so colorful.

I also prefer the design of having them put into a binder vs. a lapbook.