Menu

The Mission

I've seen it several times and the intensity and poignancy of the story never lessens. I'd wait until at least older teenage, not necessarily because a younger teen couldn't watch it and handle it, but because the themes are so mature that I'd want anyone watching it to be able to grasp the depth. It has some very upsetting occurences, so I'd be careful especially if you have a teen who's very sensitive. That said, it's a brilliant and beautiful story that shows redemption in a visceral way, and I love it. As a side note, the soundtrack is also beautiful.

It's only rated PG? We watched it when my daughter was 9 or 10 I think, in the context of studying WWII and not making that the only Genocide... I definately would say it's meant for older teens - adults, but that said, it depends on the family and the reasons for watching... like reading a piece of literature at different levels and getting different things out of it, movies can be watched multiple times for the same lessons.... this movie is like classic literature. I just thought the ending was very intense (and I assumed it was rated at least pg-13.) But it is beautiful.

Kris

Just my opinion, but the themes are intense, and I really don't see this being a movie that children would understand or connect with. Incredibly powerful and redemptive, though also very sad. I don't think I'd show it here below age 17.

Just my 2 cents worth! Warmly, Lori D.