Menu

Bible in 90 Days

Has anyone tried the Bible in 90 Days program? My Pastor just brought it to my attention to possibly pursue with the whole congregation.

Regardless, I was thinking about purchasing it for myself for this summer. Wondered if anyone had any feedback and has tried or completed it? TIA!

I adapted it for my own personal use a couple years ago. I didn't use the guide or discussion question, but simply divided up my own Bible into 90 days and went for it. I gave up when I reached the NT, but I'd love to try it again someday. Even though some of the days I did a lot of speed reading, so many things came out of the reading of the OT that I had never seen or thought of before--in fact, lots of questions and very few answers. It was an exceptional experience that I found very helpful to my Christian walk, though certainly not something to do all the time.

Hi there! I thought I would share. I was looking into the 3-month plan at the beginning of this year and I found this link, which I found inspiring! http://www.kjv-asia.com/read_your_bible_.htm I started in January, but I got stuck in Psalms and slacked off. Am starting again. It is definetely a lot of reading, but I loved how I was better able to grasp the flow of the story. I picked up so many more connections by reading chunks at a time instead of a chapter a day type of thing. He makes a good case for reading the Bible this way on the site. Although it is definetely a challenge! Happy reading, whatever plan you choose!

Hi there! I thought I would share. I was looking into the 3-month plan at the beginning of this year and I found this link, which I found inspiring! http://www.kjv-asia.com/read_your_bible_.htm I started in January, but I got stuck in Psalms and slacked off. Am starting again. It is definetely a lot of reading, but I loved how I was better able to grasp the flow of the story. I picked up so many more connections by reading chunks at a time instead of a chapter a day type of thing. He makes a good case for reading the Bible this way on the site. Although it is definetely a challenge! Happy reading, whatever plan you choose!

Thanks so much for this link!! I'm going to start tomorrow...doing the 15 pages a day. How many did you start with?

My husband and I were given a copy of the Bible formatted for the 90 Day program. We decided to give it a try and will finish next week. We have liked it very much. It has been very enjoyable to read together (we read independently and then discuss if we feel like we need to), and we feel like it has given us a good overview. Both of us have been Christians for a long time, and have read much of the Bible, but never so much in such a quick amount of time. Occasionally, we do have to remind ourselves not to pick at threads too much since the goal is to get the big picture narrative.

I found a link to schedule we used here. It is down the page on the right hand side. It breaks down the Bible into the 90 days if you aren't using the Bible printed for the 12 pages a day schedule.

HTH!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend (a hs mom!) who does this. She cut a large print Bible into four sections (Phil Green made seven sections) and finished them with beautiful scrapbook paper and clear contact paper (though she says now you can buy beautiful file folders at Office Depot and places like that). She reads 15 pages a day, using an index card to guide her. This is read time, not stop and ponder time (that is later in the day). It takes her four months to read through the Bible and I think she has done it several times. I think she told me Phil Green read it through 1500 times! I bet you would memorize a lot of Scripture by reading it over and over, too. I have the large print Bible. I just have to get the folders and make myself make the first cut...