Menu

Where do you order your soft contacts from?

Dd just got soft contacts. We could order the refills through the optometrist's office, or we could do it via some discount place. what do you do? Is there an advantage to just ordering them through the optometrist's office -- or is the amount saved by ordering them through Wal-Mart definitely worth the hassle?

Do I 'have" to get the brand the optometrist gave my daughter (I'm not sure which it is) or can I get any old brand?

If I can get any old brand, how do I decide?

(Can you tell that I'm feeling way over my head? I have a bad cold and don't feel like thinking about this right now. Unfortunately, she's been wearing her current pair for 8 days and just got the prescription today at the checkup so I do need to act quickly.)

You have to get the same brand. They will call the optometrist to verify the prescription. If she wants to try a different brand, you have to go back to the optometrist, get a trial pair, and wear them for a few days to make sure they're okay before they'll write a prescription for the new kind.