Menu

Co-ops...Where did you learn about yours?

Ok,

I know that there must be other families who would do the program I'm directing (Classical Conversations) if I could just let them know about it. It's fun for us, and we have a very diverse...accepting group.

Where, oh where, did you learn about co-ops in your area?? I've listed it on the State Homeschooling site, and grocery store walls, emailed with churches, and hung signs at the library.

I've saturated Yahoo groups and told everyone I know. I was thinking of putting a bumper sticker on my van....(Suppose that means I can't yell at the kids while sticking them in:-)

Where would you recommend I list the group?? (We're in Salem, OR)

Thanks!

Carrie:-)

I found out about our co-op on our local Yahoo group. More recently, though, we have advertised homeschooling information meetings in the local newspapers, at the libraries in 5 counties and have, this past year, put up a website. We've had at least 10 families find us since fall through the website.

I hear all the time how difficult it is to *find* other homeschoolers. It's because everything is word of mouth. :glare: Advertise! Send a "press release" with informational meeting date information to the newspapers.